While Richard Russell is better known for his work as boss of XL Recordings, he does have pedigree in the world of music-making. Among other things, he has produced records for Bobby Womack and Gil Scott-Heron and was part of seminal rave duo Kicks Like a Mule. For his debut release as Everything is Recorded we see Russell channelling the kaleidoscopic style of Gorillaz, The Avalanches and Bjork. While the Sampha-featuring title track is a lovely slice Albarn-esque soul-pop and things close out with a quirky instrumental, he throws the kitchen sink at the mid-section. Giggs puts all the new road-rap mandem in their place on ‘Early This Morning’, ‘Washed Up on the Shore’ goes full Young Fathers, and ‘D’Elusion’ sounds like the best Kelela song you’ve never heard.
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 Close But Not Quite 3:29 Everything Is Recorded (feat. Sampha) Buy
- 2 Early This Morning 3:54 Everything Is Recorded (feat. Giggs) Buy
- 3 Washed Up On the Shore 3:12 Everything Is Recorded (feat. Obongjayar and Warren Ellis) Buy
- 4 D'elusion 4:01 Everything Is Recorded (feat. Infinite, Mela Murder and Green Gartside) Buy
- 5 The Rhythm of Life and Death 1:48 Everything Is Recorded Buy
Everything Is Recorded
- Jonny L
- Piper - Zomby / Peverelist / Overmono / Powell Remixes
- XL Recordings
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- March 2018