Vinyl, 2×LPOut of stockRead More
Released: June 12, 2017
Oliver Ho's Broken English Club project delivers 12 tracks of decayed electronics and metallic techno finding a very fitting home on Ron Morelli's L.I.E.S. imprint. TIP! . Titled, "The English Beach" the album is a sonic portrait of the strange and barren east coast town in England, called Dungeness. Known as the only desert in the UK, abandoned buildings and wreckage litter the landscape. Overlooked by a nuclear power station, it feels lost in time.
Created during time spent staying in a converted old fog singal building, situated right on the seashore of this desert landscape, this new album is the next step in the project, following the suburban hunting LP released on Veronica Vasicka's label Cititrax.
Exploring the empty concrete soul of this English beach, the twisted metal ruins and crumbling buildings are drenched in dread and drip with a very English desolate romance. Dungeness is almost the physical manifestation of the broken English club sound.
Digital Track List
- 1 Stray Dogs Broken English Club 3:16 Buy
- 2 Breaking the Flesh Broken English Club 5:34 Buy
- 3 The Sun Rising Broken English Club 3:54 Buy
- 4 Plague Song Broken English Club 5:27 Buy
- 5 Pylon Broken English Club 5:53 Buy
- 6 Rust Ballad Broken English Club 1:45 Buy
- 7 Wreck Broken English Club 5:11 Buy
- 8 Carrion Broken English Club 5:28 Buy
- 9 Concrete Desert Broken English Club 3:47 Buy
- 10 Wire Fence Broken English Club 5:23 Buy
- 11 The English Beach Broken English Club 4:10 Buy
- 12 Last Signal Broken English Club 3:18 Buy
Broken English Club