- + MP3
- Double sided, dual colour black & white cassette
- with Dense Truth belly band.
In stock, shipping now.
Forest Swords' Dense Truth imprint returns from captures the fleeting moments of Zurkas Tepla's Bank Robber / In The Same Car. A searching release set in a 1990s Russian vehicle, its speed dial hitting the max while an unknown urban sprawl races past the windows, smeared with immersive cut-ups and micro-melodies of the scene that Zurkas Tepla left behind.
Crafted from the same organic, gravelly tones that have made the late night dusk-fallen allure of Forest Swords' Compassion one for the regular rotation pile within our daily listening habits. Zurkas Tepla's criminal tale, when listened to with the track titles in your head, offers a truly transformative journey. This is no more evident than on the opening contemplation of 'Airport. Street. Bank Robber's Thoughts' the harrowing remembrance of 'Club. Crime. Investigator' and the heart racing pensiveness of 'Way to the Bank. Robbery' before the deed is done and the drums fall short on the violent swagger of 'Shooting. Bleeding. Dead Bodies'.
Without giving away too much, the rest of the story plays out in a haze of lucid electronica all played out with a cinematic, somewhat guilt-racked, race for total escapism.
Digital Track List
- 1 Airport. Street. Bank Robber's Thoughts 1:43 Buy
- 2 Club. Crime. Investigator 6:25 Buy
- 3 Way to the Bank. Robbery 3:59 Buy
- 4 Shooting. Bleeding. Dead Bodies 2:40 Buy
- 5 Fight. Policeman Will Kill Me Tomorrow 3:12 Buy
- 6 Investigation Closed. Guilt Everywhere. Moving to Another Place. Airport. 3:17 Buy
- 7 Waiting in Saab 900 4:48 Buy
- 8 Endless Perspective at the Front of the Passenger Compartment of a Volvo 760 9:13 Buy
- 9 Black Volga, Torn into Pieces 9:52 Buy