The seasoned avant-gardener Jessica Moss delivers a new collection of moody, turbulent pieces centred around her dextrous violin playing. Pools of Light splits down the middle - the first four offerings making up the ‘Entire Populations’ section, while the four movements of the ‘Glaciers’ composition populate the second half. Both pieces are brooding and intense, with everything from drone to art-punk to klezmer brewed together in the Pools of Light broth. The occasions at which Moss employs her voice - for instance the gossamer-delicate tone poem ‘Entire Populations, Part II’ - are stark and visceral, recalling Bjork and Mark E Smith at their most fervent.
- 180 gram vinyl
- Includes 12x24 art print poster
- Includes digital download code
In stock. Shipping now.
Out of stock
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 Entire Populations, Pt. I 5:39 Jessica Moss Buy
- 2 Entire Populations, Pt. II 7:33 Jessica Moss Buy
- 3 Entire Populations, Pt. III 6:10 Jessica Moss Buy
- 4 Entire Populations, Pt. IV 4:34 Jessica Moss Buy
- 5 Glaciers I, Pt. I 6:32 Jessica Moss Buy
- 6 Glaciers I, Pt. II 5:01 Jessica Moss Buy
- 7 Glaciers II, Pt. I 7:13 Jessica Moss Buy
- 8 Glaciers II, Pt. II 5:47 Jessica Moss Buy