The third of Sam Gellaitry’s Escapism EPs sees the young Scot refine the kaleidoscopic production style that has proved such a hit for him so far. Bringing to mind Lone and Rustie if they had spent time signed to Soulection (Gellaitry’s first label), Escapism III bristles with invention as it cycles through styles and sounds at a voracious speed. The relative calm of ‘Jungle Waters’ soon gives way to the batshit beat slalom of ‘Ceremony’, a track that bears as much influence from Zelda and Wipeout as it does from Murlo. The remaining three tracks all follow similar formulae - rich, impressionistic soundscapes giving way to beat-based second halves - at varying intensities.
WAV / FLAC$5.99
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 Jungle Waters 3:54 Sam Gellaitry Buy
- 2 Ceremony 3:06 Sam Gellaitry Buy
- 3 Midnight Racer 3:48 Sam Gellaitry Buy
- 4 Acres 3:53 Sam Gellaitry Buy
- 5 Ever After 3:42 Sam Gellaitry Buy