American folkster Merle Haggard, pioneer of the Bakersfield sound that has become one of the ubiquitous country music stylings, was the first artist that Will Oldham ever covered in public. Following the former’s death in April 2016, Oldham once more sets sail under his Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy moniker to pay homage to Haggard with this lengthy covers album. Aided by a backing band and guest appearances from the likes of Mary Feiock and Matt Sweeney, Oldham yokes almost fifty years of material together into a coherent and well-realised whole. His tender, quivering voice adds additional poignancy to a collection of songs already pregnant with feeling.
- Includes bumper sticker
- Comes with digital download code
In stock, shipping now.
This item is not in stock, but is available from our suppliers. Estimated shipping in 14 days.
- 1 The Fugitive 3:31 Bonnie 'Prince' Billy Buy
- 2 I'm Always on a Mountain When I Fall 2:45 Bonnie 'Prince' Billy Buy
- 3 The Day the Rains Came 3:12 Bonnie 'Prince' Billy Buy
- 4 Haggard (Like I've Never Been Before) 3:46 Bonnie 'Prince' Billy Buy
- 5 I Always Get Lucky With You 3:47 Bonnie 'Prince' Billy Buy
- 6 Leonard 3:13 Bonnie 'Prince' Billy Buy
- 7 My Old Pal 3:42 Bonnie 'Prince' Billy Buy
- 8 Roses in the Winter 3:58 Bonnie 'Prince' Billy Buy
- 9 Some of Us Fly 5:05 Bonnie 'Prince' Billy Buy
- 10 Wouldn't That Be Something 3:27 Bonnie 'Prince' Billy Buy
- Beth Gibbons, The Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra and Krzysztof Penderecki
- Henryk Górecki: Symphony No. 3 (Symphony Of Sorrowful Songs)
- Domino Recording Co
- Catalogue Number