- Includes 16 page liner notes w/ photos and bios of the bands
In stock, shipping now.
Field recordings of Sahelian guitar work courtesy of the Sahel Sounds gang. Spanning wedding rock to politically charged folk, the nine tracks on this compilation take in many different moods and atmospheres though retaining the same unique dreamy feel. From the opening chords of ‘Migrid Noulhawan’ you know you’re in for a treat, a deeply meditative and hypnotic piece reminiscent of the deepest French chanson. SS continue to navigate their way through the history of the Sahelian region to spread the gospel of this amazing music. Whether a budding ethnomusicologist or a casual folk song admirer, this one is special.
- 1 Migrid Noulhawan 2:00 Agrim Agadez
- 2 Iban Mano D'Ikhya 2:00 Agrim Agadez
- 3 Adounia Tiyou 2:00 Agrim Agadez
- 4 C'est La Vie 2:00 Agrim Agadez
- 5 Hey Joe 2:00 Agrim Agadez
- 6 Anashua 2:00 Agrim Agadez
- 7 Agrim Agadez 2:00 Agrim Agadez
- 8 Yayela 2:00 Agrim Agadez
- 9 Imouhagh Siwlat 2:00 Agrim Agadez
- 10 Bahouche 2:00 Agrim Agadez