Shortly after the release of his seventh studio album, American modern classical composer Peter Broderick returns to Erased Tapes with the Grunewald EP. It’s not the first work emerging from the listed Grunewald Church on the Western outskirts of Berlin: it became a hotspot for musicians ever since Nils Frahm recorded his well received The Bells album there in 2008. As an homage to this haven, Broderick brings the early 20th century building to life with mellow serenity, maximising the space’s natural reverb playing both the old Bösendorfer piano and solo violin. As the five pieces were performed and recorded on one evening, this EP, much like Frahm’s album, captures the intimacy of the moment, with the environment resonating in each note.
Out of Stock
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 Goodnight 4:26 Peter Broderick Buy
- 2 Low Light 3:46 Peter Broderick Buy
- 3 Violin Solo, No. 1 3:21 Peter Broderick Buy
- 4 It's a Storm When I Sleep 7:43 Peter Broderick Buy
- 5 Eyes Closed and Traveling 3:43 Peter Broderick Buy