- + MP3
- Housed inside a reverse board sleeve
- Includes printed inner with sleevenotes by Steve Barker (On The Wire)
- Cut at Dubplates & Mastering in Berlin
In stock, shipping now.
On-U Sound dig deep into the vaults to bring the Return of The Crocodile, an eight-track album of previously unreleased version excursions recorded between 1981 and 1986 by the legendary post-punk dub outfit African Head Charge.
Freshly baked (both the tapes and Sherwood we imagine!) Return of The Crocodile is the newest chapter to emerge from the group and comes at a time where Sherwood is continuing to lay down the law where dubwise productions are concerned (check his new LP with Pinch for a digi update on this type of gear).
Inspired by Eno’s “vision of a psychedelic Africa”, these previously unheard and radically different edits of classic numbers from the group put forward a new slant on the AHC sound. Using dub as a starting off point the vibrations here reach as far out into the ethos as humanly possible to turn in some truly mind-warping tribal heavy electronic dub-jazz-funk.
Coming complete with sleeve notes from the legendary Steve Barker, Return Of The Crocodile is going to be an essential addition to the record bags of every DJ with a penchant for everything from Digital Mystikz, Muslimgauze, Optimo Trax, Helm, Objekt the list goes on... Heavy wares for all the Skull Disco dancers.
Digital Track List
- 1 Makola Market African Head Charge 3:17 Buy
- 2 Arrival & Fall Out African Head Charge 4:50 Buy
- 3 Conspired African Head Charge 4:44 Buy
- 4 Slippery Heel African Head Charge 6:02 Buy
- 5 Further Off The Track African Head Charge 3:09 Buy
- 6 More Bizarre African Head Charge 7:39 Buy
- 7 Doctor Find African Head Charge 4:04 Buy
- 8 Low Protein Snack African Head Charge 5:51 Buy
- David Behrman, Paul DeMarinis, Fern Friedman, Terri Hanlon and Anne Klingensmith
- She's More Wild...
- Black Truffle
- Catalogue Number