- 180gm Pressing
- Download code
In stock, shipping now.
Stock on order, expected soon.
Icelandic composer and previous 4AD signing Johan Johannsson has made a name for himself as a leading figure in his native country's music scene, no doubt partly due to his role in Kitchen Motors. Being involved in multiple different artistic disciplines, Johannsson retains a touch of classical influence through his music, with Orphee being no exception. Beautiful, spacious and nostalgic, he moves through the spectrum of human emotion with frightening finesse. Calling to mind baroque, minimalism, and the haunting piano recitals of G.I. Gurdjieff, this is an important album and we’re happy that Deutsche Grammaphon have picked it up!
- 1 Flight From The City Jóhann Jóhannsson 6:39
- 2 A Song For Europa Jóhann Jóhannsson 2:35
- 3 The Drowned World Jóhann Jóhannsson
- 4 A Deal With Chaos Jóhann Jóhannsson
- 5 A Pile Of Dust Jóhann Jóhannsson
- 6 A Sparrow Alighted Upon Our Shoulder Jóhann Jóhannsson
- 7 Fragment I Jóhann Jóhannsson
- 8 By The Roes & By The Hinds Of The Field Jóhann Jóhannsson 2:40
- 9 The Radiant City Jóhann Jóhannsson
- 10 Fragment II Jóhann Jóhannsson
- 11 The Burning Mountain Jóhann Jóhannsson
- 12 De Luce Et Umbra Jóhann Jóhannsson
- 13 Good Morning, Midnight Jóhann Jóhannsson
- 14 Good Night, Day Jóhann Jóhannsson
- 15 Orphic Hymn Jóhann Jóhannsson
- Max Richter
- Mary Queen of Scots (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Deutsche Grammaphon
- Catalogue Number