Demon present a startlingly must-have from minimal synth pioneer John Foxx, featuring Foxx's three classic ambient albums “Cathedral Oceans I” (1997), “Cathedral Oceans II” (2003) and “Cathedral Oceans III” (2005) across give LPs and housed inside a deluxe boxset including a beautifully pieced together hardback book. For anyone into Minimal Wave, Music From Memory or indeed John Foxx - or for those looking for a good intro to his work - this is as essential as they come.
Out of stock
- 5LP album-style 12x12 book set
- Limited to 750 copies
- Contains previously unseen images plus a 12x12 frameable print
A very limited edition 5 LP album-style 12x12 book set from one of the most influential exponents of electronic and ambient music, the original frontman of Ultravox, and a solo artist for over thirty years. John Foxx is name-checked by many of today’s top acts as a big influence, and was a major contributor to BBC4’s documentary “Synth Britannia”.
Now, for the first time on vinyl in one package, this fabulous hardback album book set contains all three of Foxx’s ambient classics “Cathedral Oceans I” (1997), “Cathedral Oceans II” (2003) and “Cathedral Oceans III” (2005) on five LPs.
Limited to 750 copies only, the book contains dozens of Foxx’s beautiful images (several previously unseen) along with passages from his book “The Quiet Man”. Also included is a 12x12 framable print of one of the images.
- 1 Cathedral Oceans 2:00 John Foxx
- 2 City As Memory 2:00 John Foxx
- 3 Through Summer Rooms 2:00 John Foxx
- 4 Geometry & Coincidence 2:00 John Foxx
- 5 If Only... 2:00 John Foxx
- 6 Shifting Perspective 1:16 John Foxx
- 7 Floating Islands 2:00 John Foxx
- 8 Revolving Birdsong John Foxx
- 9 Shimmer Symmetry John Foxx
- 10 Far & Wide John Foxx
- Mike Harding
- BBC Records And Tapes - Sound Effects No. 13 - Death & Horror
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- October 2016