Leading British experimental music outlet Touch presents the debut CD by Bethan Kellough, made up of five tracks utilising field recordings from Iceland and South Africa over the course of 2015. Kellough weaves trance inducing collages by blending the recordings with delicate string arrangements courtesy of her violin, an instrument she has played since childhood. Drawing influence from the sights she encountered during her field recording trips, particularly her experience in Iceland with Chris Watson and Jez Riley French, Aven is a sonic homage to the vastness of the Nordic landscapes.
Digital Track List
- 1 Descent Bethan Kellough 5:56 Buy
- 2 Vision Bethan Kellough 4:37 Buy
- 3 An Opening Bethan Kellough 4:11 Buy
- 4 Canopy Bethan Kellough 5:50 Buy
- 5 Low Bethan Kellough 7:18 Buy