Editions Mego once again prove to be one of the leading figures in contemporary experimental electronic music, with this new LP by Brinkmann clocking in at number 224 on their catalogue. Defined as 'a harsh meditation on the expressive qualities of digital sound production', the album is a playful experiment which utilises the grand piano and its timbre and subverts it by rebuilding its corpus with binary figures. Essentially, this restructuring of the instrument removes the physicality and humanity of the player and replaces it with mathematically precise repetition. Perhaps a statement on the fragility of creativity, perhaps a tongue in cheek exploration of possibility. Either way, A 1000 Keys isn't the easiest listen, but will be of great intrigue to those willing to spend a bit of time with the album and engage with the process behind it.
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 PSA 3:12 Thomas Brinkmann Buy
- 2 LHR 5:48 Thomas Brinkmann Buy
- 3 SYD 4:36 Thomas Brinkmann Buy
- 4 VIE 6:58 Thomas Brinkmann Buy
- 5 JFK 5:50 Thomas Brinkmann Buy
- 6 KGD 7:24 Thomas Brinkmann Buy
- 7 TLV 3:26 Thomas Brinkmann Buy
- 8 TBS 3:24 Thomas Brinkmann Buy
- 9 SFO 0:45 Thomas Brinkmann Buy
- 10 MEX 3:27 Thomas Brinkmann Buy