Shortly after the release of Oliver Coates’ much talked about Upstepping album, Prah Recordings continue to protrude, showcasing the work of yet another producer who cleverly fuses electronics with orchestral composition. Russian sound wizard Sergey Suokas has been around since 2007, but it’s the artist’s debut on Prah. Even though his Suokas moniker is attributed to his more electronic output, the influences of his ambient and Karelian folk practice are undeniable: disseminated live instrumental recordings morph into techno rhythms, resulting in organic, evolving arrangements. 'Ny Syklus' humming baritone saxophones, the way in which ‘Skygger's' minor key cello pattern thickens, the thumping drums of ‘Echobuss' – there’s so much life to Suokas’ pieces; they have the power to evoke the whole range of life’s emotions themselves.
- + MP3
In stock, shipping now.
- 1 Ny Syklus 2:14 Suokas Buy
- 2 True Source 5:50 Suokas Buy
- 3 Skygger 3:46 Suokas Buy
- 4 Ruva 4:42 Suokas Buy
- 5 Corben Boran 4:02 Suokas Buy
- 6 Subsekvenser 3:19 Suokas Buy
- 7 Fleberbett 4:43 Suokas Buy
- 8 Echobuss 5:02 Suokas Buy
- 9 Harmabernar 3:24 Suokas Buy
- 10 J9 5:31 Suokas Buy