Second album of startling avant-classical compositions from London based cellist and producer Oliver Coates. From the first string-licks of opener ‘Innocent Love’ the ghosts of the great Arthur Russell haunt you. But there is definitely more to Coates than mere World of Echo pastiche. Coates draws out a wonky template of fidgety house music, fractured electronics and Afro-rhythms (think Beatrice Dillon, Actress, Brainfeeder crew, Low Jack loopiness) on which the cello swings and swoons like Mica Levi’s Under The Skin OST given the 4/4 fire. Constantly evolving, constantly exciting new tackle is this.
Vinyl, 1×LPOut of stock
- + MP3
Digital Track List
- 1 Innocent Love Oliver Coates 7:20 Buy
- 2 Timelapse (Walrus) Oliver Coates 7:40
- 3 Bambi 2046 Oliver Coates 5:16 Buy
- 4 Perfect Love Oliver Coates 6:53 Buy
- 5 Memorial to Hitchens Oliver Coates 2:54 Buy
- 6 The Irish Book of Death & Flying Ships Oliver Coates 2:56 Buy
- 7 Stash Oliver Coates 8:18 Buy
- 8 Rise & Fall Oliver Coates 3:42 Buy
- Oliver Coates
- John Luther Adams - Canticles of the Sky + Three High Places
- RVNG Intl.
- Catalogue Number