Alex Ridha’s fourth studio album as Boys Noize abounds in high class collaborators: the Berlin monolith has engaged Hudson Mohawke and Spank Rock, Polica, Remy Banks and Benga for Mayday, shaping his own definition of what constitutes a "techno hit”. The prolific record label founder takes his idiosyncratic elements, those garish, sneering dubstep synths, and infuses them into his updated sound that has more pop ambitions than ever before. Siren synths twirl with dizzying dissonance, brutal and powerful: as an introduction, ‘Overthrow’ serves as a reminder of Ridha’s early days. The hard-hitting noisy percussive exercises of ‘Hardkotzen’, the overdriven, spoken word vocals of the industrial ‘Midnight’ - they're a stark contrast to the glistening, gentle arpeggios of ’Starchild’ which move fluidly, with Channy Leaneagh’s kind voice taking the lead; to ‘Birthday’, the brilliant collab with Hud Mo and American rapper Spank Rock, which oozes with Hud Mo’s characteristic life-affirming choral string melodies; and to the stripped down techno of ‘Euphoria’ featuring Remy Banks.
In stock. Shipping now.
This item is not in stock, but is available from our suppliers. Estimated shipping in 14 days.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 Overthrow 4:45 Boys Noize Buy
- 2 Mayday 3:21 Boys Noize Buy
- 3 Dynamite 3:13 Boys Noize featuring Benga Buy
- 4 Rock the Bells 2:51 Boys Noize Buy
- 5 Euphoria 4:33 Boys Noize featuring Remy Banks Buy
- 6 2 Live 3:24 Boys Noize Buy
- 7 Would You Listen 3:14 Boys Noize Buy
- 8 Revolt 3:07 Boys Noize Buy
- 9 Starchild 4:32 Boys Noize featuring POLIÇA Buy
- 10 Midnight 4:34 Boys Noize Buy
- 11 Los Niños 4:02 Boys Noize Buy
- 12 Hardkotzen 3:04 Boys Noize Buy
- 13 Birthday 3:13 Boys Noize featuring Hudson Mohawke, Spank Rock Buy
- Erol Alkan
- Spectrum / Silver Echoes (Matrixxman and Machine Woman Remixes)
- Phantasy Sound
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- March 2019