Glacial Industries presents the debut release from Cleveland-based producer V1984 with the staggering and at times overwhelming Becoming N(one) EP. The release represents a complete obliteration of club music, rearranging the resultant oblique fragments into passages that alternate between icey synth gloss and more intense, juddering bass tremors. The title cut exemplifies this style perfectly, with crystalline melodies cut into sparse low-end quakes, whilst ‘Crying Beneath…’ segues from garbled voices into awe-inspiring, Tim Hecker-esque motifs and heart wrenching piano notes that really bridge the gap between future-facing experimental, ambient and modern classical styles.
- Limited white vinyl
- Pressed on 170g
- 300 copies.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 Becoming (N)one 3:25 v1984 Buy
- 2 Crying Beneath the Surface of the Ocean as the Sunset's Rays Flicker into the Indefinite Horizon 3:33 v1984 Buy
- 3 Pre, Post, Pre(-Lude) I 2:44 v1984 Buy
- 4 Pre, Post, Pre(-Lude) II 2:27 v1984 Buy
- 5 Sychronized Joy and Sorrow 3:45 v1984 Buy
- 6 Birth of Venus 3:10 v1984 Buy