Batida master DJ Marfox steps up for his second EP on Lisbon’s Principe Discos. Make no mistake – Chapa Quente is one of the strongest releases this year in any genre, and Marfox’s body-contorting polyrhythms are more than matched by his bold sound palette. Lead track ‘2865’ is an electro kicker complete with frenzied flutes. You won’t forget this one in a hurry. ‘Unsound’ is an insane jackhammer drum workout, while the more laid back ‘Tarraxo Everyday’ gets by on slippery percussion and a beguiling synth melody. ‘Cobra Preta’ is classic Marfox – endlessly inventive and tons of fun. He continues to stretch his raw club template in complex and unexpected directions.
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 2685 4:46 DJ Marfox Buy
- 2 Unsound 3:54 DJ Marfox Buy
- 3 Tarraxo Everyday 5:12 DJ Marfox Buy
- 4 Kassumbula 4:37 DJ Marfox Buy
- 5 Cobra Preta 4:29 DJ Marfox Buy
- 6 B 18 3:50 DJ Marfox Buy