Berlin-based creative collective Project: Mooncircle presents an alluring debut LP from Polish musician Michal Lewicki entitled Ton. Better known for his more ‘floor friendly material under the name Deam, here Lewicki operates under his own namesake, taking influence from the organic beauty found in mathematics. Despite the music being created using a very technical approach, mostly employing random midi generators and algorithms, the output manifests itself as sentimental pieces of rich electronic music entwined with real, human emotion. Quixotic opener ‘Fairter’ paints the picture of a lush utopia, followed by a fuzzier, downtempo piece ‘Pitch’ and the starry-eyed keys of ‘Detune’. Next, ‘One’ settles into a sophisticated deep house groove, akin to some of Efdemin’s works, whereas ‘Komeda’ pushes the mathematical model into overdrive its frenzied IDM styling. Shifting moods again, the sulty guitar riffs of ‘Tst’ set a smoky ambience, whereas album closer ‘Tamut’ steadily builds over blurry chords to build a polyrhythmic piece of melancholia.
In stock, shipping now.
Digital Track List
- 1 Fairter Michal Lewicki 3:46 Buy
- 2 Pitch Michal Lewicki 4:29 Buy
- 3 Detune Michal Lewicki 4:09 Buy
- 4 One Michal Lewicki 4:17 Buy
- 5 Komeda Michal Lewicki 3:25 Buy
- 6 Tst Michal Lewicki 3:39 Buy
- 7 Orion Michal Lewicki 5:33 Buy
- 8 Onno Michal Lewicki 5:09 Buy
- 9 Nodobra Michal Lewicki 4:16 Buy
- 10 Oct Michal Lewicki 6:06 Buy
- 11 Tamut Michal Lewicki 7:53 Buy
Electronic and Electronica