Flying Lotus welcomes Kamasi Washington - who features on Kendrick Lamar’s To Pimp A Butterfly - to his Brainfeeder label with this monumental full-length entitled The Epic. Much like Kendrick and FlyLo, Washington produces LPs that exist somewhere between the realms of demi-opera and populist. Clocking in with 17 all surpassing the 7 minute mark, The Epic explores areas of cosmic jazz, freeform saxophone-led composition and a rotation of far-reaching influences to build an odyssey that effortlessly spans across almost 3 hours with the help of a a 32-piece orchestra and a 20-member choir. Like the rest of the Brainfeeder roster, pigeonholing the Kamasi Washington is a truly impossible task. The Epic invites you to embrace the ambition and lose yourself in the grandeur.
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 Change of the Guard 12:16 Kamasi Washington
- 2 Askim 12:35 Kamasi Washington
- 3 Isabelle 12:13 Kamasi Washington
- 4 Final Thought 6:32 Kamasi Washington Buy
- 5 The Next Step 14:49 Kamasi Washington
- 6 The Rhythm Changes 7:44 Kamasi Washington Buy
- 7 Miss Understanding 8:46 Kamasi Washington Buy
- 8 Leroy and Lanisha 9:24 Kamasi Washington Buy
- 9 Re Run 8:20 Kamasi Washington Buy
- 10 Seven Prayers 7:36 Kamasi Washington Buy
- Soul Jazz Records present Horace Tapscott with the Pan-Afrikan Peoples Arkestra
- Horace Tapscott with the Pan-Afrikan Peoples Arkestra Live At I.U.C.C.
- Soul Jazz Records
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- March 2019