Having dropped his full length, Human, earlier in the year, Max Cooper is following it up with this exercise in electronica. Kindred’s lead track Origins is a floor-facing workout of understated syncopations and delicate vocal work courtesy of long-time collaborator Kathrin de Boer. The EP includes a 7 minute extended mix of the track as well as remix contributions from Throwing Snow and David August. The latter’s rework is a bass ridden stretch out which eventually finds it’s footing with a airtight beat. Cooper’s also included another original cut, Voyage Through The Analogue Womb is a 10 minute demonstration of the London producer’s carefully calculated style of production. The Kindred EP is a masterclass in downplayed dance music which listeners can fully immerse themselves in to.
Digital Track List
- 1 Origins Max Cooper 3:56 Buy
- 2 Voyage Through the Analogue Womb Max Cooper 10:31 Buy
- 3 Origins (Extended) Max Cooper 7:03 Buy
- 4 Origins (David August Remix) Max Cooper and David August 4:57 Buy
- 5 Origins (Throwing Snow Remix) Max Cooper and Throwing Snow 5:42 Buy