- Limited to 500 copies
In stock, shipping now.
A hefty package this, containing remastered versions of Deadbeat's early LPs. Scott Monteith, the Berlin-based Canadian producer known as Deadbeat, has been wildly prolific over the past decade. Here his BLKRTZ label has put together a mammoth collection, a six-vinyl set of his albums recorded in Montreal; 2002's Wild Life Documentaries, 2004's Something Borrowed, Something Blue, and 2005's New World Observer. Wild Life Documentaries, his second album, was a foray into roots and reggae as seen through a dub techno prism. Something Borrowed, Something Blue saw a more introspective approach, while New World Observer went down a more overtly political path. Taken together, they show an artist willing to step away from the club and fashion documents of his art, and this package is a worthy exercise for fans new and old.
- 1 Open My Eyes that I May See 4:41 Deadbeat Buy
- 2 Organ in the Attic Sings the Blues 7:22 Deadbeat Buy
- 3 For Israel 6:27 Deadbeat Buy
- 4 For Palestine 8:01 Deadbeat Buy
- 5 Let it Rain 8:00 Deadbeat Buy
- 6 Cause for Hope 6:36 Deadbeat Buy
- 7 A Dub for Akufen 4:18 Deadbeat Buy
- 8 When First You Gave Me Shivers 3:50 Deadbeat Buy
- 9 Kezia 8:17 Deadbeat Buy
- 10 To Berlin With Love 5:29 Deadbeat Buy