The fine folks at Late Night Tales invite Glasgow four-piece Franz Ferdinand to share some of their favourites on the latest instalment of their insightful mix series. As you might imagine, it’s heavy on offbeat pop, from DIY godfather R. Stevie Moore and Paul McCartney’s Wings to funksters Zapp and French crooner Serge Gainsbourg, plus lesser-known cuts from The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band and American Spring. Kraut rockers Can make an appearance as well, along with Boards of Canada, Oneohtrix Point Never and, naturally, the selectors themselves leading off the mix with a cover of Jonathan Halper’s ‘Leaving My Old Life Behind’.
Out of Stock
- bonus one sided 7” Carrie Cleveland 'Love Will Set You Free'
- LP includes download of unmixed tracks
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 Leaving My Old Life Behind (Exclusive Jonathan Halper Cover Version) 4:00 Franz Ferdinand
- 2 I'm Only Sleeping 3:04 R. Stevie Moore
- 3 Eighteen Is Over The Hill 2:42 The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band
- 4 Let There Be Drums 2:16 Sandy Nelson
- 5 New Town 5:53 Life Without Buildings
- 6 Connection 2:59 Can
- 7 The Darkside 1:55 The Liminanas
- 8 Reasons To Be Cheerful Part 3 6:38 Ian Dury
- 9 For The Love Of Money 4:06 Disco Dub Band
- 10 More Bounce To The Ounce 5:11 Zapp