Released on Berlin-based label City Slang, Dan Snaith’s second album as Caribou displays the full potential of his extraordinary talent as a songwriter and multi-instrumentalist: Andorra is made up of organically progressing chord sequences. Snaith slowly builds up his wistful structures to an immersive wall of electronic sounds (‘Niobe’) and plays with contrasts effectively in juxtaposing them with the simple electric piano arpeggios of the melancholic ‘Irene’, and the uptempo ‘Melody Day’. His soft vocals narrate through these multi-instrumental textures, they are the thread piecing together this emotionally moving album.
Vinyl, 1×LPOut of stock
In stock, shipping now.
- 1 Melody Day 4:11 Caribou Buy
- 2 Sandy 4:09 Caribou Buy
- 3 After Hours 6:15 Caribou Buy
- 4 She's the One 3:59 Caribou Buy
- 5 Desiree 4:11 Caribou Buy
- 6 Eli 3:04 Caribou Buy
- 7 Sundialing 4:40 Caribou Buy
- 8 Irene 3:38 Caribou Buy
- 9 Niobe 8:51 Caribou Buy
- Julie Coker
- A Life in the Limelight: Lagos Disco & Itsekiri Highlife, 1976 - 1981
- Kalita Records
- Catalogue Number