Los Angeles-based beat maker Jasper Patterson aka Groundislava returns to familiar ground with his third full length release on Lazy Brow’s diverse Friends Of Friends Imprint. Shifting away from his chip-tune and hip-hop instrumental roots, Frozen Throne moves towards a more 80’s indebted sound with distinct emotional qualities. The moving tone is set on ‘The Girl Behind The Glass’ where LA Native Rare Times features in and amongst blazing synth keys and throwback melodies whereas the following instrumental cut ‘Terminate Uplink’ flaunts a deadly interplay between fast and slow elements. The following tracks ‘Frozen Throne’ and ‘Under The Glow’ call on Rate Times’ poignant vocals again, with the former a swirling, drum machine driven epic and the later working a more ambient vibe to give the vocals greater impact. The blissful ‘October Acid’ gives a nod early 90’s UK electronica, with a suppressed acid chord weaving its magic over dreamy melodies in a very Orbital-styled way whereas ‘A Way Out’ is a little more sinister in its delivery despite its ambient inflicted edge.
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 Girl Behind The Glass 4:51 Groundislava feat. Rare Times Buy
- 2 Terminate Uplink 2:30 Groundislava Buy
- 3 Frozen Throne 4:24 Groundislava feat. Rare Times Buy
- 4 Under The Glow 3:32 Groundislava feat. Rare Times & Benedek Buy
- 5 The Descent 4:18 Groundislava Buy
- 6 Feel The Heat 5:41 Groundislava feat. Rare Times Buy
- 7 October Acid 2:30 Groundislava Buy
- 8 A Way Out 3:24 Groundislava Buy
- 9 October Pt. 2 4:42 Groundislava feat. Rare Times Buy
- 10 Steel Sky 5:00 Groundislava feat. Rare Times Buy