LuckyMe put out a full-length album of opulent ambience from producer Claude Speeed, who has previously released on the label as part of rock band American Men and is also part of the group Russia. Following a tragic loss in his family, Speeed quit his day job as a corporate lawyer in 2011 and embarked on a tour around the Far-East, making numerous field recordings and making music on a net-book as he went, before returning to Europe and putting this album together. It's easy to see parallels with the expansive, high-emotion synth structures that producers like Oneohtrix Point Never are so adept at across the tracks that make up 'My Skeleton'. Walls of perfectly crafted sound come in glistening wave after wave, and there's a stillness and tension in moments like 'Some Other Guy' and 'An Imperial Message' that are completely arresting. Strings swoon ('Viscount Stair') and Reichian pulsations abound ('Tiger Woods') to create a very special album.
- + MP3
In stock, shipping now.
Digital Track List
- 1 Washaa Claude Speeed 4:31 Buy
- 2 My Skeleton Claude Speeed 3:40 Buy
- 3 Some Other Guy Claude Speeed 6:44 Buy
- 4 Tiger Woods Claude Speeed 3:09 Buy
- 5 Taj Mahal Claude Speeed 4:17 Buy
- 6 Field Claude Speeed 2:28 Buy
- 7 Spectral Choir Claude Speeed 3:34 Buy
- 8 Viscount Stair Claude Speeed 3:00 Buy
- 9 An Imperial Message Claude Speeed 4:27 Buy
- 10 Prove You Exist Claude Speeed 5:40 Buy
- 11 Hold on ft LW Claude Speeed 5:04 Buy
Ambient and Modern Classical