LuckyMe put out a full-length album of opulent ambience from producer Claude Speeed, who has previously released on the label as part of rock band American Men and is also part of the group Russia. Following a tragic loss in his family, Speeed quit his day job as a corporate lawyer in 2011 and embarked on a tour around the Far-East, making numerous field recordings and making music on a net-book as he went, before returning to Europe and putting this album together. It's easy to see parallels with the expansive, high-emotion synth structures that producers like Oneohtrix Point Never are so adept at across the tracks that make up 'My Skeleton'. Walls of perfectly crafted sound come in glistening wave after wave, and there's a stillness and tension in moments like 'Some Other Guy' and 'An Imperial Message' that are completely arresting. Strings swoon ('Viscount Stair') and Reichian pulsations abound ('Tiger Woods') to create a very special album.
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME Encoded
- 1 Washaa 4:31 Claude Speeed Buy
- 2 My Skeleton 3:40 Claude Speeed Buy
- 3 Some Other Guy 6:44 Claude Speeed Buy
- 4 Tiger Woods 3:09 Claude Speeed Buy
- 5 Taj Mahal 4:17 Claude Speeed Buy
- 6 Field 2:28 Claude Speeed Buy
- 7 Spectral Choir 3:34 Claude Speeed Buy
- 8 Viscount Stair 3:00 Claude Speeed Buy
- 9 An Imperial Message 4:27 Claude Speeed Buy
- 10 Prove You Exist 5:40 Claude Speeed Buy
- 11 Hold on ft LW 5:04 Claude Speeed Buy