Mathew Dear’s technoid alter ego Audion sends out two of his recent cuts for a series of alternate takes from producers in both the US and UK. Leading the way is the UK’s Hotflush Recordings man Scuba who transforms ‘Sky’ into a moody, shuffling piece that eventually develops a spongy sulking bass line whereas Daniel Avery’s take of the same contains added atmosphere due to its thick ambient smog. On the flip-side, US producer Matrixxman offers two interpretations of ‘Motormouth’; the first ‘Singularity Remix’ filled with dry drum licks and a hard swing and the second ‘Replicate Remix’ a more minimalistic, dampened techno snapper.
- 1 Sky Audion 11:17 Buy
- 2 Sky (Daniel Avery Remix) Audion and Daniel Avery 7:07 Buy
- 3 Sky (Scuba Remix) Audion and Scuba 7:48 Buy
- 4 Motormouth Audion 6:17 Buy
- 5 Motormouth (Matrixxman's Singularity Remix) Audion and Matrixxman 6:14 Buy
- 6 Motormouth (Matrixxman's Replicant Remix) Audion and Matrixxman 6:05 Buy