Spectrum Spools bring in Catholic Tapes boss Brett Naucke for this fascinating collection of modular synth explorations. Birthed in Naucke's Chicago home, the eight wildly different tracks on Seed were all recorded from the same synth patch. They are enriched further by earthy field recordings captured in Miami over a six-month period from winter into spring. 'Luau' sees menacing drone meet metallic electronic percussion; 'Sorrel & Grays' lets plaintive riffs fall over running water before faint tribal beats hint at something darker. 'Transmission From the Evening Garden' avoids melody entirely, opting instead for wind chimes, trickling synth blobs and static. Naucke has shown a talent for versatility and innovation through this dogged use of a single synth.
In stock. Shipping now.
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 Up from the Sun 4:08 Brett Naucke Buy
- 2 Luau 3:58 Brett Naucke Buy
- 3 Pala 3:53 Brett Naucke Buy
- 4 Sorrel & Grays 5:07 Brett Naucke Buy
- 5 Lost Inside Your Houses 5:15 Brett Naucke Buy
- 6 Harp of the Evening Garden 3:59 Brett Naucke Buy
- 7 Transmissions from the Evening Garden 3:14 Brett Naucke Buy
- 8 Seed 4:51 Brett Naucke Buy