Kindred Spirits excavate another early 80’s masterpiece from Malian orchestra Super Djata Band. Typical of the music of the desert region, the electric guitar is front and center. Bandleader and dynamite soloist Zani Diabate forgoes showy playing for hypnotic, groove-minded riffs. The big band tackles a number of modes and styles, from the laid back highlife of ‘Maliniwoula’ to the near-psychedelic guitar workout on ‘Sinaya’. The infectious stepper ‘Noumouna Kouloumba’ sports a spirited saxophone solo, and closer ‘Limaniya Kile de Boro’ features lovely chants and syrupy palm-wine guitar.
Digital Track List
- 1 Maliniwoula Super Djata Band 8:17 Buy
- 2 Zani Djabat'e Super Djata Band 7:52 Buy
- 3 Noumouna Kouloumba Super Djata Band 5:29 Buy
- 4 Sinaya Super Djata Band 7:47 Buy
- 5 Signanna Super Djata Band 7:20 Buy
- 6 Limaniya Kile de Boro Super Djata Band 6:10 Buy