includes a poster of the cover art
Vinyl, 2×LPOut of stock
2 x 12"
Regis’ Downwards label present Berlin-based Brit Samuel Kerridge’s debut album, following on from three excellently received EPs. ‘A Fallen Empire’ is a vital addition to the work being made at the axis of techno, noise, and post-punk, which recalls Raime, Vatican Shadow, and Emptyset but refuses to simply imitate these influences. ‘Scare Tactics’ reigns a bowl-rattling bass onto a primal, slowly swelling rhythm, while ‘Disgust’ pushes stuttering gun-fire percussion almost to the brink of complete distorted overload. Cuts like ‘Death Is Upon Us’ promise to please adventurous clubbers as much as drone lovers, with tribal percussion offering a distinctly gothic take on techno.
- 1 Chant 5:16 Kerridge Buy
- 2 Black Sun 4:02 Kerridge Buy
- 3 Straight to Hell 5:59 Kerridge Buy
- 4 Heavy Metal 6:20 Kerridge Buy
- 5 Disgust 6:37 Kerridge Buy
- 6 Death is Upon Us 7:09 Kerridge Buy