Dub No Frontiers is inspired by and features female vocalists that Adrian Sherwood and the On-U Sound label knew from the UK or had met while travelling around the world. Many of the singers said they felt the dub and reggae arena was a bit of a male preserve and a little intimidating even, so Sherwood decided to invite artistes to perform a song of their choice, all in non-English on his rhythm tracks. Vocalists include Likkle Mai (singing in Japanese), Rita Morar (Hindi), Kerieva (Romani), Neyssatou (Arabic) & Yehaiyahan (Chinese).
The album is dedicated to the memory of both Ariane ‘Ari Up’ Forster and Lincoln Valentine ‘Style’ Scott with whom the project started.
Peter Harris’s cover painting of Afeni Shakur Davis sets the visual tone of the record and both the LP and CD come with a 12-page booklet featuring more of his paintings of inspiring women from the world of literature, politics, law, civil rights and medicine, such as Claudia Jones, Flo Kennedy, Barbara Jordan, Claudette Colvin and Mary Seacole.
- Yehaiyahan — Love Hurts [3:11]
- Likkle Mai — Haste Makes Waste [4:12]
- Rita Morar — Meri Awaaz Suno (Hear My Voice) [3:15]
- In Temi Oyedele — I Dupe (Thanks Giving) [4:21]
- Neyssatou — War [4:15]
- Maria Wenda — Okama Werek Halok [3:42]
- Kerieva — Chavale [3:52]
- JaGodDa — Krysztalowy Aniol (Crystal Angel) [3:57]
- Saba Tewelde — Semarulay Daqey [2:36]
- Nadya Ostroff DR.NO — Little Cosmonaut [4:31]