The Library of Babel sees a transatlantic meeting of the minds with a concept inspired by the 1941 short story written by author and librarian by Jorge Luis Borges.
Coming off the back of his well-received, microwavable antics with Morriarchi (MICROWAVECOOKING 2000 &PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DIET), CLBRKS changes pace with Canadian beat maker DWEEB. The producer is held in high regard himself, known for his vast array of projects on Bandcamp, ranging from the mellow lo-fi movements of Loop Soup to the grittier side of experimental rap re-fixes on his recent APOLLO tape.
On The Library of Babel, the duo combine for a Group BraCil debut that touches upon eternity, delirium, death and philosophy. CL’s approach is charismatic as ever, often using comedic timing to deliver more gentle, thoughtful and ultimately more profound lyricism than some may be used to from him.
DWEEB’s soul laden backdrop brings this out of the Londoner. Colourful, water-brushed canvases allow ample room for CL to dance between beats as he's accustomed to, while also taking a moment to reveal a more introspective side of himself. Thus showcasing his own artistic variety and a signifier for things to come.
Digital Track List
- 1 Introduction CLBRKS, DWEEB, Conrad Mundy 2:51 Buy
- 2 Thecatalogue CLBRKS, DWEEB 1:22 Buy
- 3 Onceimdead CLBRKS, DWEEB 1:36 Buy
- 4 Labyrinth CLBRKS, DWEEB 1:35 Buy
- 5 Intermission CLBRKS, DWEEB 0:58 Buy
- 6 Tenthousandhours CLBRKS, DWEEB 1:59 Buy
- 7 Footonneck CLBRKS, DWEEB 1:44 Buy
- 8 Forwhatitsworth CLBRKS, DWEEB 1:43 Buy
- 9 Gooddeal CLBRKS, DWEEB 2:00 Buy
- 10 Finalchapter CLBRKS, DWEEB 2:16 Buy
- 11 Epilogue CLBRKS, DWEEB 1:28 Buy
- 12 Lobsteroutthetank (Bonus) CLBRKS, DWEEB 2:25 Buy