A major 2-LP exploration of Tokyo’s cutting edge 80s sound through the music of cult Japanese label Nippon Columbia and its Better Days imprint, selected by British radio presenter and DJ Nick Luscombe.
For the occasion, WEWANTSOUNDS have teamed up with journalist and Japanese music expert Nick Luscombe who was granted rare access to the much- guarded Nippon Columbia’s vaults for a masterful selection encapsulating the fascinating sound of Tokyo in the late 70s and 80s.
The selection mixes electro, synth-pop, funk and ambient and features such artists as Ryuichi Sakamoto, Mariah, Shigeo Sekito, Juicy Fruits, Hitomi “Penny” Tohyama and Yumi Murata. The tracklist includes many sought-after rarities and hidden gems which have never been released outside of Japan and the set has been newly remastered by Nippon Columbia.
The album has been designed by famed London-based designer Optigram and is annotated by Nick.
- 1 The End of Asia Ryuichi Sakamoto 2:00
- 2 Shinzo No Tobira Mariah 2:00
- 3 Self Control Chika Asamoto 2:00
- 4 Treasure Hunter Jun Fukamachi 2:00
- 5 Watashino Basu Yumi Murata 2:00
- 6 Rainy Driver Hitomi "Penny" Tohyama 2:00
- 7 La Maison Est En Ruine Yumi Seino 2:00
- 8 Tokyo Kyoko Furuya 2:00
- 9 Chinatown Rose Kazue Itoh 2:00
- 10 Tokyo Joe Kazumi Watanabe 2:00