CES Records dig deep into the life’s work of an overlooked female composer. While Natela Svanidze stands as one of Georgia’s most prominent figures in 20th century musical development, Natela stands to introduce the rest of the continent — if not the whole world — to her pioneering electronic works. The two versions of ‘Epitaphium’ here alone demonstrate her core strengths as an arranger and producer; the first an eerie dirge, backed by choral and orchestral ambience, the second a synthesised masterpiece composed of blocky leads and misty proto-pads. ‘Nat Mode’ comes reworked by HVL into driving avant-garde electro, showing Svanidze’s far-reaching influence.
- 1 Epitaphium (Live Performance) feat Archil Ushveridze Nikoloz Rachveli Georgian National Choir Georgian Philharmonic Orchestra 1:00
- 2 Epitaphium (1974 Original recording on Synthi 100) 1:00
- 3 Nat Mode (HVL Rework) feat HVL 1:00
- 4 In Memoriam (Tamo Nasidze Rework) feat Tamo Nasidze 1:00
- 5 Nothing Lost (Mess_Montage Rework) feat Mess_Montage 1:00