Vinyl, 1×LP$23.99Read More
In stock, shipping now.
Dylan Henner’s The Invention Of The Human is a brilliant collection of electronic compositions which combine the synthetic inventiveness of Sophie and Arca with Grouper’s spectral drones and the beatific simplicity of Arvo Pärt’s post-minimalist compositions. In this manner, Henner’s record can be filed alongside previous drops on the AD 93 label (formerly known as Whities) from Rupert Clervaux, Leif and Carl Gari & Abdullah Miniawy. Please note that the tracklist for The Invention Of The Human varies depending on the format - the digital version runs to eight tracks while the vinyl pressing condenses those eight numbers into two twenty-minute-long pieces.
Mastered by Rashad Becker
Sleeve packaging and ‘Graphic Score’ designed by Alex McCullough alongside C’estainsi.
Digital Track List
- 1 I Was Reading the News but I Felt so Sad I Had to Stop 5:28 Buy
- 2 The Peach Tree Next Door Grew over Our Fence 5:38 Buy
- 3 A Raccoon Got Loose In the House and Fell Asleep In the Laundry 5:53 Buy
- 4 Two Trains Came Through the Station at Once and It Felt Like a Hurricane 4:52 Buy
- 5 I Watched Them Jump into the Creek 5:48 Buy
- 6 The Lake Was Covered In Lilypads 5:24 Buy
- 7 Little Frogs Swam by Every Now and Then 4:49 Buy
- 8 We Could Hear Them Singing from Across the Valley 5:08 Buy