White vinylRead More
- Recorded at Inanimate Objects, Berlin
- Mixed by Tobias Freund at Non-Standard Studios
- Mastered by Beau at Ten Eight Seven
Released: July 3, 2020
Stock on order, expected soon.
‘Binaural’, the A-side of Function’s new Subject F (Transcendence) for Rrose’s record label Eaux, is about as trippy as minimal techno gets. Anchored by an unbreaking kick drum pulse, the track’s delay-drenched synthesisers and modular motifs drift over one another in a truly hypnotic manner, evoking the most psychedelic aspects of Lucy’s productions as well as the dark potential one hears in Phase Fatale’s less EBM-centred music. The swirling, trance-inducing textures are carried over onto ‘Desire And Memory’, though Function gives this cut additional thrust by plumbing it with a snapping broken-beat groove. Subject F (Transcendence) presents two dubbed-out rollers of the highest calibre.
Digital Track List
- The Beneficiaries (Jeff Mills / Eddie Fowlkes / Jessica Care Moore)
- The Crystal City Is Alive
- Catalogue Number
- Release Date
- July 24, 2020