- 2018 repress
- + MP3
In stock, shipping now.
CDOut of stock
- + MP3
2016 repress on 180g double vinyl and, for the first time, includes the beatless atmospheric tracks that have only been available on the CD versions.
Burial's eponymous debut first marked the airwaves in 2006 with its shadowy presence. An instant classic, its sounds pallette fell somewhere in between the more dusty Basic Channels, Tricky's Maxinquaye and the UKG indebted dubstep of Hyperdub label head Kode9's finest work. Soaking up the distant lights of the South London boroughs from which this LP emerged, Burial took the street sounds and sub bass atmospheres of the dubstep scene and turned them around and more inward looking. Snatches of pirate radio dialogue shine through the gloomy undercurrent, while a heavy rolling EL-B/Locked On influence haunts the drums, and the out-of-step with their own time synths of A Guy Called Gerald's Black Secret Technology lay bare the foundations for this otherworldly underground classic.
- 1 Untitled 0:33 Burial Buy
- 2 Distant Lights 5:24 Burial Buy
- 3 Spaceape (feat. Spaceape) 3:59 Burial Buy
- 4 Wounder 4:49 Burial Buy
- 5 Night Bus 2:17 Burial Buy
- 6 Southern Comfort 4:59 Burial Buy
- 7 U Hurt Me 5:20 Burial Buy
- 8 Gutted 4:41 Burial Buy
- 9 Forgive 3:05 Burial Buy
- 10 Broken Home 5:02 Burial Buy
- 11 Prayer 3:43 Burial Buy
- 12 Pirates 6:08 Burial Buy
- 13 Untitled (2) 0:52 Burial Buy
- Julie Coker
- A Life in the Limelight: Lagos Disco & Itsekiri Highlife, 1976 - 1981
- Kalita Records
- Catalogue Number