Vinyl, 1×LP, Coloured VinylUnavailable
Clear vinylRead More
Black vinylRead More
Two-time Mercury Prize nominee Ghostpoet (aka Obaro Ejimiwe) follows up 2017’s acclaimed 'Dark Days + Canapés’ with a record which couldn’t feel more prescient - a dystopian snapshot of the universal unease and anxiety we feel as we enter into this new decade (in lockdown mode!), an uncertain future distilled across these 10 vital tracks.
The first single ‘Concrete Pony’ is the perfect entry point to the record - bluesy, gritty and foreboding and accompanied by an incredible video, with its distinctly Lynchian feel, surreal and beautifully cinematic.
Written, arranged and produced by Ghostpoet, the album incorporates a myriad of sounds and styles anchored by the alt-rock sonics of his last two records and a nod to the likes of Massive Attack who he provided guest vocals for a couple of years ago. It also features guest vocals from an eclectic mix of artists; Art School Girlfriend, Skinny Girl Diet’s Delilah Holiday, SaraSara and Katie Dove Dixon.
The artwork is a stunning recreation of the famous gothic painting ‘The Nightmare’ by Fuseli with Obaro as the stricken woman.
Digital Track List
- 1 Breaking Cover 6:31 Buy
- 2 Concrete Pony 4:07 Buy
- 3 Humana Second Hand 3:56 Buy
- 4 Black Dog Got Silver Eyes 4:02 Buy
- 5 Rats In A Sack 3:39 Buy
- 6 This Train Wreck Of A Life 4:06 Buy
- 7 Nowhere To Hide Now 4:35 Buy
- 8 When Mouths Collide 4:26 Buy
- 9 I Grow Tired But Dare Not Fall Asleep 4:36 Buy
- 10 Social Lacerations 5:43 Buy