Vinyl, 2×LP$35.49Read More
Released: May 12, 2020
Stock on order, expected soon.
This item is not in stock, but is available from our suppliers. Estimated shipping in 14 days.
A collaboration with National Geographic Society, Ultrasonic is perhaps the first-ever album to use the echolocations of bats as compositional source material Grammy-nominated artist and musician Stuart Hyatt returns with another sonic wonder in the Field Works series, bringing the listener into truly uncharted acoustic territory. For this special album, Hyatt has assembled an extraordinary group of contributors: Eluvium, Christina Vantzou, Sarah Davachi, Ben Lukas Boysen, Machinefabriek, Mary Lattimore, Felicia Atkinson, Noveller, Chihei Hatakeyama, John Also Bennett, Kelly Moran, Taylor Deupree, Jefre Cantu-Ledesma, Julien Marchal, and Player Piano. Ultrasonic is part of a broader storytelling project about the federally endangered Indiana bat. Generously funded by the IUPUI Arts & Humanities Institute and the National Geographic Society, each album contains an official printed booklet of The Endangered Species Act of 1973.
Digital Track List
- 1 Dusk Tempi Eluvium & Field Works 6:00 Buy
- 2 Silver Secrets Mary Lattimore & Field Works 5:17 Buy
- 3 Night Swimming Jefre Cantu-Ledesma & Field Works 6:08 Buy
- 4 Kelelawar Machinefabriek & Field Works 3:53 Buy
- 5 Sodalis Kelly Moran 3:39 Buy
- 6 Echo Affinity Taylor Deupree & Field Works 5:37 Buy
- 7 A Place Both Wonderful and Strange Noveller & Field Works 4:01 Buy
- 8 Music for a room with vaulted ceiling Christina Vantzou & Field Works 6:10 Buy
- 9 Marion Sarah Davachi & Field Works 4:16 Buy
- 10 Night vision, it touched my neck Felicia Atkinson & Field Works 3:20 Buy
- 11 Indiana Blindfold John Also Bennett & Field Works 4:40 Buy
- 12 The Circle Chihei Hatakeyama & Field Works 6:38 Buy
- 13 Torpor Ben Lukas Boysen & Field Works 8:21 Buy
- 14 Between the Hawthorn and Extinction Stuart Hyatt, Player Piano, Julien Marchal, & Field Works 4:29 Buy