Vinyl, 4×LP$58.99Read More
- First official DJ mix and Compilation by Inland aka Ed Davenport
- 4 x 12'' LP set
- 2 printed inserts
- Download card including 4 bonus tracks & continuous DJ mix by Inland
- Includes printed artwork by Erik Minter
In stock, shipping now.
- First official DJ mix and Compilation by Inland aka Ed Davenport.
- Exclusive new tracks by Efdemin, Peter Van Hoesen, Joel Mull, Jamaica Suk, DJ Skull, Inland, Mark Broom & Discrete Circuit, Rhyw, Johanna Knutsson, Perm, Sophia Saze & more
- 22 exclusive tracks by 23 artists.
- 4 x 12'' LP set, 2 printed inserts, download card including 4 bonus tracks & continuous DJ mix by Inland.
- Includes printed artwork by Brooklyn based painter Erik Minter
British DJ and producer Inland (Ed Davenport) has compiled and mixed ‘Stream State’, his biggest project to date, bringing together over 20 artists in a DJ-ready compilation of colourful, diverse modern techno on his label Counterchange.
Complete with a 90 minute continuous mix by Inland himself, the project celebrates over 15 years behind the decks and cements Davenport’s reputation not only as a tireless force in the studio, but as a trusted selector and curator of contemporary club music. Spanning deep IDM-rooted studies, lush chord-driven euphoria, powerful modernist workouts and tough house-groove jackers, Davenport weaves an addictive mix full of character and his precision mixing style.
From veterans and heroes like DJ Skull, Efdemin, Joel Mull, Boddika, Peter Van Hoesen, and Mark Broom (alongside Discrete Circuit), to a new echelon of up-and-coming talent like Rhyw, Sophia Saze, Jamaica Suk, Johanna Knutsson, Aiken, DJ Sodeyama, Perm and Felix Fleer, there’s an underlying thread of shimmering production values and close attention to detail in every track. Inland also selected debuts from Berlin based artists Fred Mann and Arbitrage, and welcomes back BNJMN, P. Lopez and Distant Echoes to the label, now in its 7th year of operation.
‘Stream State’ is Inland’s celebration of the DJ mix / compilation format. Enamoured with UK dance music culture in the mid 90s, the burning, illicit energy of early rave mixtapes left a huge impression. Mystical bootlegs recorded at mass gatherings in fields or late night Radio One transmissions captured on cassette – their eternal spirit was absorbed and cherished. Now more than 2 decades later, Davenport has channeled that fascination into this weighty collector’s item and a captivating continuous mix.
All 22 tracks included are new and original productions made by some of Inland’s favourite artists and colleagues. A network and a community – complied and presented by an artist who continues to demonstrate his longevity and unique voice in the scene.
- In 2020 Inland will host ‘Stream State’ events featuring a selection of the artists involved at celebrated venues around the world. The first announced dates are to be held at IFZ in Leipzig, The Block in Tel Aviv, FOLD in London, ://about blank in Berlin, Nitsa in Barcelona, Vurt in Seoul, Gare in Porto and a pre-release event at Spacehall record store, Berlin.
- Stream State is a new chapter for Counterchange - a growing event concept, mix series and a bi-monthly radio show on Berlin based HÖR radio hosted by Inland.
Tracklist: 4 x 12"
A1. Johanna Knutsson – Synthsakral
A2. Efdemin - Sequence 100
A3. Sophia Saze - Same Sane
B1. DJ Skull - Good Pain
B2. Patrik Skoog – Echophenomena
A1. Inland – Overthebrainbow
A2. Joel Mull – Cerritulus
B1. Arbitrage – HON
B2. Peter Van Hoesen - Twin Motive
A1. P. Lopez - Power G
A2. Perm – Busak
B1. Aiken - Second Law
B2. Jamaica Suk – Drumtaktics
A1. Rhyw – Chisel
A2. Tripeo - Humble Bragging
B1. Fred Mann – Nacre
B2. Mark Broom & Discrete Circuit - MBDC 4
B3. Distant Echoes - Todo Muere (Edit)
Digital Bonus Tracks are:
BNJMN - Bayou
Boddika & Inland - Don’t Dream
Felix Fleer - It’s Ending
DJ Sodeyama - Test PTTRN 026