Stott spreading the news, Andy’s back in town. A nine-track EP that others would pass off as an album, It Should Be Us is certainly as dense and thought-provoking as a full-length record. Many of the tracks here are dubbed-out techno tunes, almost slow enough to not allow for dancing but still strangely hypnotic in their grooves. The overall effect is similar to Shinochi Atobe’s heat-hazed club tracks, though Stott’s productions issue more from the dubwise school. There is a spike in energy around three-quarters of the way through It Should Be Us - ‘0L9’ has some Martyn to it while ‘Ballroom’, in what was possibly Stott’s attempt at making music of the same sort as the track’s title, ends up in a space not dissimilar to Addison Groove’s ‘Footcrab’.
In stock, shipping now.
Digital Track List
- 1 Dismantle Andy Stott 4:16 Buy
- 2 Promises Andy Stott 6:04 Buy
- 3 Collapse Andy Stott 3:38 Buy
- 4 It Should Be Us Andy Stott 5:26 Buy
- 5 Take Andy Stott 6:06 Buy
- 6 Not This Time Andy Stott 4:41 Buy
- 7 0L9 Andy Stott 6:56 Buy
- 8 Ballroom Andy Stott 4:02 Buy
- 9 Versi Andy Stott 5:26 Buy