High quality from beginning to end from the great but underrated Playhouse who now celebrate their 13th year in business.
Rework sets the bar high at the outset by backing a punchy swirl of amour-obsessed female voices with a beautiful bass-driven stomp in 'Love Love Love Yeah'; other exceptional moments include Max Mohr's 'Lucky Go Wild,' where a synthesizer battalion sings sweetly over an electrohouse shuffle, Holger Zilkse meets Dave DK's update of early LFO mixed with stabby rave chords and the great My My's ???Southern Comfort,??? ends the album with a blissful marriage of harp strums and gentle propulsion, and Boardroom member Pete Lazonby's driving slice of throbbing technofunk (???I Miss U???) where normal and chipmunk variations of the title utterance generate a kind of reverse of Burials, sampling style. There is no need to forget Isolee's excellent contribution or Roman Fugel as Solent Green.
This is all meat, no filler, an unusual thing for a label compilation.
- 1 Love Love Love Yeah Rework 7:33
- 2 Mono Rain Holger Zilske meets Dave DK 6:54
- 3 Spam Bot Einzelkind 7:13
- 4 La Forza Del Destino Soylent Green 5:46
- 5 Plastik Infant presents Simon Baker 9:13
- 6 I Miss U Pete Lazonby 6:45
- 7 The Siren (Losouls Hot Edit) UnknownmiX 7:12
- 8 Jogging Beat ((Roman Flügels Tender Feet Mix)) Rework 3:59
- 9 Lucky Go Wild Max Mohr 6:11
- 10 The Jacko Theme IsolÃ©e 8:34
- 11 Southern Comfort My My 5:15