Intersex Southeast Asian-via-Los Angeles musician Ana Roxanne’s Stones Throw debut ~~~ is as fluid and implacable as its pictorially derived title suggests. It presents language — musical and linguistic — as essentially imperfect, yet malleable despite itself. Drones expand and engulf like a bathroom sink overflowing with water, encasing Roxanne’s elegant, amorphous vocal — where it appears at all. Her stimuli refer to choral music, modern classical and spiritual music, but Roxanne’s opaque lyricism surrounding sex and identity situate ~~~ in the left-most corners of the RnB realm.
In stock, shipping now.
- 1 Immortality 4:04 Ana Roxanne Buy
- 2 Slowness 4:20 Ana Roxanne Buy
- 3 It's a Rainy Day on the Cosmic Shore 5:20 Ana Roxanne Buy
- 4 Nocturne 5:36 Ana Roxanne Buy
- 5 I'm Every Sparkly Woman 2:23 Ana Roxanne Buy
- 6 In a Small Valley 5:24 Ana Roxanne Buy