While Les Filles de Illighadad are a Tuareg group from Niger and Edmony Krater hails from Guadeloupe, both artists are included on Ambiance II on account of them playing at the Berlin party African Acid Is The Future back in 2018. Les Filles de Illighadad performed two ‘Tende’ pieces - both named after the goat-skin drum central to the piece - while Edmony Krater’s ‘Gwadloup’ and ‘Lage’ combined jazz-fusion with gwa ko. Recorded live at the AAITF shows, the tracks come backed here by four-on-the-floor remixes from AAITF members Dauwd, DJ Oil and Maryisonacid. Really interesting release this.
In stock, shipping now.
Digital Track List
- 1 Tende I Les Filles de Illighadad 6:20 Buy
- 2 Tende II Les Filles de Illighadad 7:42 Buy
- 3 Gwadloup Edmony Krater 7:40 Buy
- 4 Lage Edmony Krater 8:23 Buy
- 5 Tende II (Dauwd & Maryisonacid Mix) Les Filles de Illighadad 5:42 Buy
- 6 Gwadloup (Dauwd remix) Edmony Krater 4:28 Buy
- 7 Lage (African Acid Is The Future Outerlude) Edmony Krater 1:42 Buy
- 8 Gwadloup (DJ Oil Remix) Edmony Krater 9:02 Buy
The Vinyl Factory