In stock, shipping now.
The history of “Jambú e Os Míticos Sons Da Amazônia” is the history of an entire city in its full glory. With bustling night clubs providing the best sound systems and erotic live shows, gossip about the whereabouts of legendary bands, singers turned into movie stars, supreme craftiness, and the creativity of a class of musicians that didn’t hesitate to take a gamble, Jambu is an exhilarating, cinematic ride into the beauty and heart of what makes Para‘s little corner of the Amazon tick. The city of Belém, in the Northern state of Para in Brazil, has long been a hotbed of culture and musical innovation. Enveloped by the mystical wonder of the Amazonian forest and overlooking the vastness of the Atlantic Ocean, Bel m consists of a diverse culture as vibrant and broad as the Amazon itself. Amerindians, Europeans, Africans - and the myriad combinations between these people - would mingle, and ingeniously pioneer musical genres such as Carimbó, Samba-De-Cacete, Siriá, Bois-Bumbás and bambiá. The music and tales found in Jambu are stories of resilience, triumph against all odds, and, most importantly, of a city in the borders of the Amazon who has always known how to throw a damn good party.
- 1 (Introdução) Rosvaldo Ja Chegou? 0:29 Pinduca Buy
- 2 Vamos Farrear 3:07 Pinduca Buy
- 3 A Misturada 3:02 Os Muiraquitãns Buy
- 4 Pai Xangô 3:37 Pinduca Buy
- 5 Praia de Algodoal 3:24 Os Quentes De Terra Alta Buy
- 6 Meu Barquinho 3:14 Janjão Buy
- 7 O Galo Canta, o Macaco Assovia 3:33 Messias Holanda Buy
- 8 Lambada da Baleia 2:19 Vieira e Seu Conjunto Buy
- 9 Mambo Assanhado 2:53 Verequete E O Conjunto Uirapuru Buy
- 10 Carimbó para Yemanjá 3:25 Orlando Pereira Buy
- The Imaginary Soundtrack to a Brazilian Western Movie
- Analog Africa
- Catalogue Number
- AACD085 / AALP085