Russian duo PTU find a sweet spot with second album Am I Who I Am, setting it firmly at the intersection point of a grid. Its axes: industrial harsh noise, warped techno chicanery, high concept mecha anime, and hard science fiction. While work abstract ‘Doc 22’ invokes a distant future of sentient AI, the future is still indelibly in the present tense. Remote drone warfare ensues over ‘Which Word is the Coldest’, while the toxic ideology of a neo-colonialist culture is set to a motion-sick rhythms on ‘Copper Mines, New Machines and the Future Conspiracy’. Submission to a culture run by technocratic overlords, PTU suggest, is a lot easier than it looks.
- + MP3
Stock on order, expected soon.
Digital Track List
- 1 Doc 22 PTU 3:40 Buy
- 2 The Pursuit of a Shadow PTU 4:01 Buy
- 3 Castor and Pollux PTU 3:18 Buy
- 4 After Cities PTU 5:35 Buy
- 5 Former Me PTU 3:17 Buy
- 6 How Does it Feel PTU 3:24 Buy
- 7 Over PTU 3:24 Buy
- 8 Copper Mines, New Machines and the Future Conspiracy PTU 3:13 Buy
- 9 Which Word is the Coldest PTU 3:39 Buy
- 10 Sirocco PTU 4:02 Buy
- 11 Skyscript PTU 3:43 Buy
- 12 I Heard You Breathe PTU 3:26 Buy