- Black VinylRead More
- Clear VinylRead More
When Paranoid London emerged at the beginning of the 2010s they already had their sound on lock - a sleek, streamlined and sensual rendering of acid house which often made good use of guests vocalists. On the duo’s sophomore LP PL we find them sticking to that formula to superb effect.
The features list here contains real quality. Mutado Pintado, himself contributes vocals on ‘Nobody Watching’ and ‘Just My Size’. The Bubbles Bubblesynski-featuring ‘The Boombox Affair’, one of the club smashes of 2018, makes the cut for the album, as does the achingly sexy Josh Caffe collaboration ‘(Vi-Vi) Vicious Games’. Simon Topping (A Certain Ratio), U.S. legend Arthur Baker and the late Alan Vega complete a stellar lineup.
Paranoid London let the instruments do the talking on PL’s quartet of vocal-free cuts. These tunes all lock into the same freaky acid style that garnered the group so much attention a few years back. Along with labels like Balkan Vinyl, L.I.E.S. and Dixon Avenue Basement Jams, Paranoid London have had a big part to play in bringing this sound back into vogue over the past decade.
Paranoid London return with their first LP in five years - but one listen to PL and you’ll feel like they never went away.
- 1 Starting Fights Paranoid London feat. Josh Caffe 5:09 Buy
- 2 The Boombox Affair Paranoid London feat. Bubbles Bubblesynski 8:49 Buy
- 3 Nobody Watching (Album Edit) Paranoid London feat. Mutado Pintado 4:18 Buy
- 4 The Music Paranoid London 3:49 Buy
- 5 Angel of Hell (Album Edit) Paranoid London feat. Arthur Baker and Alan Vega 6:17 Buy
- 6 Drum Machine (Album Edit) Paranoid London 4:30 Buy
- 7 Blue-Ish (Album Edit) Paranoid London 4:27 Buy
- 8 Cult Hero (Do You Wanna Touch Me) (Album Edit) Paranoid London feat. Simon Topping 6:49 Buy
- 9 Sly is Watching (Album Edit) Paranoid London 5:25 Buy
- 10 (Vi-Vi) Vicious Games (Album Edit) Paranoid London feat. Josh Caffe 7:21 Buy
- 11 Just My Size (Album Version) Paranoid London feat. Mutado Pintado 7:21 Buy