John Shima has got his brand of Detroit-indebted electro down to a fine art on The Lonely Machine. Much like artists such as Space Dimension Controller and former collaborator Steven Rutter, Shima’s tracks melt away the years between the present day and the golden age of Motor City machine music. While there is a uniform feel to The Lonely Machine, Shima manages to finesse the beats in different ways here. A fair few of the tracks have a twinkling wistfulness to them, but cuts such as ‘Linear’ and ‘Phase Distortion’ inject more urgency into the mix with driving four-to-the-floor kick drums.
In stock, shipping now.
- 1 Intel 7:25 John Shima Buy
- 2 Airwaves 8:04 John Shima Buy
- 3 Empires 8:31 John Shima Buy
- 4 Phase Distortion 7:26 John Shima Buy
- 5 Electronic Slaves 6:32 John Shima Buy
- 6 Accepting 6:54 John Shima Buy
- 7 Migrate 6:22 John Shima Buy
- 8 Distrust 6:53 John Shima Buy
- 9 Linear 7:13 John Shima Buy
- 10 The Lonely Machine 6:34 John Shima Buy