Ultra out-there fifth-world synth pieces from the Berlin-based duo Sea Urchin here. After idiosyncratic ambient-adjacent backdrops are painted by producer Francesco Cavaliere, vocalist Leila Hassan then piles on incantatory vocals that switch between Arabic and Italian. While its sounds may draw more from library music and kosmische than Afrofuturist spiritual jazz, there is a similar air of deconstructed psychedelia between Tahtib and LPs like Ras G’s Back On The Planet or Afrikan Sciences’ Circuitous. Tahtib is another mind-expanding drop from the excellent Bokeh Versions.
In stock, shipping now.
Digital Track List
- 1 'aynen btetHadda' fi ba'D Sea Urchin 4:50 Buy
- 2 Pulviscolo Del Sonno, La Prossima RelatÃ Sea Urchin 1:07 Buy
- 3 Asa (Tahtib Tehbat) Sea Urchin 6:11 Buy
- 4 ginaaHein Itnein Sea Urchin 2:22 Buy
- 5 Mish Hata'ref tesHa? Sea Urchin 5:42 Buy
- 6 AHfoura Sea Urchin 2:22 Buy
- 7 Hedi Dodici Luglio Sea Urchin 3:59 Buy
- 8 Il Sonno Del Gigante Sea Urchin 3:42 Buy