The compelling mystery of experimental pianist Kelly Moran’s 2018LP Ultraviolet was such that it sounded like music playing itself, a machine of perpetual (e)motion that disembodies itself from the instrument. At first, the demos and first attempts of Origin EP would seem like a curious attempt to demystify something magical, but the result is a deepening of Moran’s cerebral work, the first few sparks that triggered a flame. Initially inspired by Japanese figure skating Yuzuru Hanyu, Origin EP signals a breakthrough of music and movement for Moran, leaping and pirouetting in transcendentally choreographed fashion (yet incidentally improvised in the case of ‘Night Music’).
WAV / FLAC$6.49
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 Reflexive Music (Autowave) 2:43 Kelly Moran Buy
- 2 Helix II 3:22 Kelly Moran Buy
- 3 Halogen (Una Corda) 6:42 Kelly Moran Buy
- 4 Love Birds, Night Birds, Devil-Birds 4:26 Kelly Moran Buy
- 5 Water Music (Piano Solo) 6:34 Kelly Moran Buy
- 6 Helix (Piano Solo) 8:48 Kelly Moran Buy
- 7 Night Music 3:03 Kelly Moran Buy
- Craig Leon
- Anthology Of Interplanetary Folk Music Vol. 2: The Canon
- RVNG Intl.
- Catalogue Number